Years from now, the enlightened civilization ahead of us will stare bewildered at our lethal masculinity and say, But each one, when he was running, tied bows to the top of his feet.
—Buddy Wakefield, A Choir of Honest Killers
Writers Anonymous: A 5-Week Poem Recovery Course with Buddy Wakefield (Feb. 10-March 11, 2024)
Welcome to a new workshop by Buddy Wakefield! Writers Anonymous is a generative, edit-heavy and feedback-focused five-week writing course developed for all levels.
You Are A True Story: Texts From Buddy Wakefield
This is a subscription to receive texts from Buddy five days a week every week all year long every year for all the years for the price of a cup of coffee a month. Quit coffee.
What to expect:
- One-to-one sessions with Buddy Wakefield.
- Includes a detailed review of your material prior to the session.
- Fine-tooth editing, focused insights, and color-coded feedback to keep for your reference.
- Undivided attention tailored to the participant’s specific wants.
- It’s okay to not know what you want yet. You’ll like where this takes you.
A CHOIR OF HONEST KILLERS
A Choir of Honest Killers, Buddy Wakefield’s newest book of prose and poetry, is a staggeringly honest account of life alone on the road, carefully confronting a debilitating overcompensation of masculinity, growing up gay in the south, the ruins of public shame, and the prolonged agony of a failing relationship.
No matter how brutal it gets, this story continuously rockets forward in a one-man relay race to the light with refreshing humor and keen insights that Wakefield credits to frequent specific serendipity and a single sudden moment of bliss.
STAY IN TOUCH
Sign up for Buddy’s mailing list.